Sepang - MotoGP race director Paul Butler promised to investigate the incident that makes the death of Marco Simoncelli. Although the FIM has set high standards, but Butler admitted MotoGP race is never safe.
As reported previously, Simoncelli was killed in Malaysian MotoGP race, before noon CST. 24-year racer was killed, after engaging the incident with Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi. Race was immediately stopped momentarily as well.
After his helmet was off, medical director Michele Macchiagodena said Simoncelli suffered a serious injury on the head, neck and chest. That's what makes Simoncelli died at a local hospital.
This is the first fatal accident, since the rider Daijiro Kato died in 2003 Japanese MotoGP ago. However, last year, teenage drivers Shoya Tomizawa, also died after crashing in Moto2 event in San Marino.
Butler says it is ready to investigate this incident. "We've set a high standard procedures. This is a bizarre incident, in which the helmet off and I'm sure the board of motorsport such as the FIM and MotoGP, will investigate this," explains Butler.
"It was an incident of back-to-back weekend for motorsport arena. We've tried hard to avoid incidents like this and preparing for the worst. You see, 99 percent of the riders fell and continued to stand. Only one percent are not," he continued.
"You can not guarantee 100 percent safe race. You will be involved danger when you join the race. As a racer, they know how dangerous MotoGP races," said Butler in a press conference at the Sepang Circuit.
"Believe it or not, that's what they should do. We join in mourning the death of Simoncelli. We will miss him," he concluded, as reported by the Telegraph, Sunday (23/10/2011).